Looka (formerly Logojoy) is exploring the intersection of machine learning and design, providing users with a platform to make beautiful designs for any project. We’ve surpassed more than 5 million users in 188 countries, recently raised our Series A and handle tens of millions of dollars on a yearly basis. As our first Finance Manager, you’ll establish a finance function and work directly with the executive team to build financial processes from scratch. You will be responsible for all financial aspects of our business, managing the company’s financial strategy, as well as assessing the company's financial performance.
- Manage our cash and identify how we should be holding our money.
- Build relationships with the company's partners and investors.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Work with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Assist with strategic planning and fundraising.
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager in a start up.
- Proficient user of finance software and can make recommendations on the best software for us.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
Looka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe workspace that celebrates and respects diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
We offer a whole range of benefits to make life just that little bit easier, some of our benefits below:
- Stock Options.
- A guaranteed end of year bonus.
- Unlimited vacation.
- A personal learning and development budget.
- Health, dental care, vision and employee assistance program.
- Money every month towards a fitness activity of your choice.
- Flexible working (Work from home options and no set hours.)
- For our full list of benefits click here.